How do I qualify to travel to the UK as a visitor?
In general, you must show that:
- you want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
- you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit, and
- you have enough money to support yourself and live in the UK without working or needing help from public funds.
Do I need a visa to visit the UK?
You will need a visa to visit the UK if any of the following apply to you:
- you are a national of one of the countries listed in the visa and transit visa nationals page on this website;
- you are applying to visit the UK in order to get married;
- you are applying as an Academic Visitor and intend to stay in the UK for more than 6 months;
- you are applying as a parent of a child at school and intend to stay in the UK for more than 6 months;
- you are applying as a Prospective Student;
- you are stateless (you do not have a nationality);
- you hold a non-national travel document (a travel document which does not give you the nationality of the country that issued it), or
- you hold a passport issued by an authority that is not recognised in the UK.